The Learning and Teaching Symposium is an annual event which gives all staff at the University of Westminster and colleagues from partner institutions the opportunity to share innovations; contribute to debates, and build networks and collaborations.
The world of Higher Education, today, sits in a highly contested landscape, with challenges to our ways of teaching, the relationship with learners and learning, the value of knowledge and what learning is for. Within this – how do we inspire ourselves and make a difference in this ever-changing HE landscape?
2017’s symposium took place on 22 June at the Marylebone campus with the theme of Innovate!
University of Westminster staff were invited to submit abstracts for presentations and academic posters to frame debate around issues and practice-points that are important to you.
Suggested themes included (but were not limited to):
• Innovation through Learning communities: creative and collaborative learning environments and practices – within and across disciplines and partners
• Innovations in assessment and feedback to ‘drive’ learning (and save marking time)
• Innovative pedagogies, innovative practices – why innovate?
• Innovating through digital technology and mobile learning
• Innovating for Inclusivity – inclusive learning, inclusive institutions, inclusive ontologies
• Innovation as learning – students as partners
• Learning that Matters: Education for a Changing World
• Innovation as a critical practice
Please click on the links below to view the presentations at this year’s Learning and Teaching Symposium
Latest posts by Naomi Ryan (see all)
- PedRIO Conference: ‘What is Institutional and Subject Excellence?’ - November 9, 2018
- Call for Abstracts: 12th Annual University of Glasgow Learning & Teaching Conference - November 6, 2018
- Learning and Teaching Symposium 2018 - October 17, 2018