In 2018 the CTI oversaw the creation of a Course Leader Forum for all Course Leaders at Westminster.
The role of the Course Leader is a key role in developing innovative and high quality approaches to learning and teaching and enhancing the student experience. In recognition of this, Roland Dannreuther and The Centre for Teaching Innovation (CTI) ran a series of Course Leader Forum launch events in January and February 2018. Attendance was excellent with Course Leaders from all five Faculties present at one or more of the launch events.
At the forum launches, Course Leaders discussed and provided feedback on the following three questions. Subsequently the feedback was collated and forwarded to the attendees and Senior Managers.
- How can the University help to support you as Course leaders?
- Development opportunities/ career progression/ recognition/ time allocation
- Administrative support
- Key concerns and issues to be addressed.
- What tools do you need to help you in the role?
- What useful role can the Course Leader Forum play in supporting you?
The first Steering Group Meeting for the CL Forum, was held in July and identified the main priorities for Course Leaders. The Steering Group is now looking at how these priorities might best be addressed via events and networks and signposting to resources.
If you would like to get involved in the CL Steering Group activities, please email the Centreforteachinginnovation@westminster.ac.uk